Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The One Where I Let Go Of My OCD For A Day


So the other day my husband was running water through his paint sprayer to see if it still worked correctly before he put paint in it. The water was spraying out and Emily came outside and started playing with the water that was coming out. She was laughing and giggling and having so much fun, that when she asked if she could play with the water hose, I said yes.


Normally, I think I would have said something like no, you just got dressed, you don't need to get all wet, or something like that. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to things like this. But I saw how much joy she was having and I thought, why not? It's just water. She had such a good time and my heart was so overjoyed to see that.

When she was done, she changed clothes and we went a picked up Ethan, who was playing at a friend's house. I took them to the library where they were having someone playing music outside. Ethan was more interested in the music than books, so he waited for us outside and listened to the music while Emily went in to check out the books.

This girl loves to read and will check out 3 or 4 at a time and will read them all in a week.

I then took the kids to the park. Both of them bee-lined it for the pond with the ducks, but the ducks weren't having it. They quickly swam away and wanted nothing to do with us.



While Emily played on the play scape, Ethan was looking for sticks. He didn't want to play and I asked him if he was getting to big to play at the park and he said yes. My heart was a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I am ready for Ethan to start maturing, but too old to play at the park?


Well, Emily had a great time playing.



I had such a great time even though I let go of my OCD and I know my kids had a great day as well.


After the park, we went and return our Redbox movie (Wreck-It Ralph, which I fell asleep on but it looked like it was cute), then McDonalds and finally grocery shopping.

I'm hoping for more great Saturday's like this.









No comments:

Post a Comment