Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dad's 60th

This Saturday we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday. He is not one to want any kind of party or big deal on his birthday, but this was the big 60! We had a few family members come over for the par-tay!


My dad wanted Frito Pie (or chili pie, whatever you call it where ever you're from, with Fritos, chili and cheese!) and I made his cake.


Yes, I made it with Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls! No, I am not a genius! I found the recipe from here.

But I figured that Little Debbie did all the hard work by making the Swiss Cake Rolls, so I took her up on the already made goodness and make this here cake. I just added chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.

We all had a good time. My dad bought Ethan a left handed guitar, so he brought it out and practiced a little. But his attention span is about 4.5 seconds, so the practicing didn't last too long.


My man was there.


Emily and I were being goofy.



And let me just say this... you can give a child all the expensive toys they ask for, but pure joy comes from the simplest things. Emily had the best time with a party hat, a party favor blower thing (whatever they are called) and some left over streamers while rolling around in my grandmother's rolling walker or as I call it, her hot wheels! But Emily was happy and content doing this for a long time and it was hilarious to watch her!



So happy 60th birthday, Dad! We love you so much! I have just one problem with you having a birthday, that means mine is a week after yours! Oy!





No comments:

Post a Comment