Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Ethan this week. He took the state mandated STAAR test on Tuesday and Wednesday. One of his teachers email us and told us that he was much more focused on Tuesday than Wednesday. She said on Wednesday he couldn't hardly sit still in his seat. I know that's because we took him off of his current ADHD meds because he was developing tics. Once off of that particular med, his tics went away. So, now he needs a non-stimulant that will work on the ADHD but not give him tics. Yeesh!!!

Anyway, this week I'm thankful for several things.

#1. There's this restaurant in the town we live in and we discovered that on Tuesday's kids eat free. On top of that, if you get there for the early bird special, you get buy one entree, get the second half off! Yes!

This is a nice, sit down restaurant, not fast food. All four of us walked out of there for $14 bucks. Sweet!!

Bad phone pic!


Emily loves her some corndogs!



#2. This Wednesday was Administrative Professionals Day. And my boss totally remembered!!! He brought me flowers and gave me a really sweet card. It was so nice to be remembered!


My flowers!
#3.  We will be celebrating my sweet daddy's 59th birthday tomorrow. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful Christian father who has been a significant Christian influence on me and my family. Happy Birthday, Daddy!

My Dad & Max


I say this all the time, but I don't think my words can express it enough! I am so blessed! Thank you sweet Jesus for being with my family and I this week. And thank you that I am able to have my dad with me and that we're able to celebrate another year of his life!






2 comments:

  1. Great reflection of things to be thankful for! Go Ethan!!!

    I must know what restaurant you went to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, I just love a thankful heart :)

    ReplyDelete