Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Photo A Day

OK. I think I'll jump on the bandwagon.

I've read a couple of  blogs who do the Photo A Day Challenge. Looks like fun. Let's see how far I'll go with it before I get lazy and just stop. I didn't start this until the 16th, so here it goes...


Flower - Emily picks me flowers all the time.

Something you don't like - that would be sweeping and mopping. I loathe this job.

Hair - Emily's crazy up do before jumping in the tub.

Orange - My highlighter.





Something I drew.
Bottle - Our medicine basket sitting in my kitchen with my vitamins, Ethan's meds and our allergy meds.

The last thing I bought - Mark got two new suits yesterday.


We also had a banana bread bake-off at work. I won!!!! Me and two other ladies baked some banana bread and we had 5 judges taste them. 4 out of 5 judges picked mine! I was totally excited. The other ladies were telling what their secret ingredient was. One said buttermilk and the other said whole wheat flower and nutmeg. They looked at me and I was like, I have no secret ingredient. Straight forward banana bread, baby!!

So I'm including my award winning recipe below. So fun to say that! Enjoy!

 Award Winning Banana Bread 


4 Large Ripe Bananas
3/4 c. White Sugar
1 Egg
1/3 c. Melted Butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Mash bananas; add sugar and slightly beaten egg, then melted butter. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Lastly add walnuts.

Pour into well greased large bread pan or two smaller bread pans. Bake 375 for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment