Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Garage Sales, Memory Rambling, McDonalds, Cookies and Just Plain Weirded Out!!

On Saturday morning, I decided I was going to get up early and hit some garage sales in town.

First of all, I planned on getting out of the house early, but by the time I got up, showered got dressed, the kids were up and wanting stuff from me (feed me, clothe me, blah, blah, blah)!

So I didn't really get out of the house till almost 10am. You have to get out earlier than that if you want to get the good stuff from yard sales, but it wasn't to be. The only thing I did find, after about the 4th house was one of these.
I got a slap chop for $2. The only prize I found. Oh well.
While on my quest for garage sales, I happen to drive by our old house, where my families land is (where I grew up) and saw my dad out mowing by my grandma's old house. Emily and I stopped by and chatted awhile.

Emily had fun running around, picking flowers and chasing butterflies.

My dad.


Tree with beautiful orange flowers.


Emily picked me one of the orange flowers.


I have such great memories growing up there. We lived on the same land as my grandma. I loved playing at her house and watching her wash clothes on an old fashioned washing machine in which she used a hand cranked  ringer to ring clothes from the wash, only to hang them up on a clothes line. I watched her make pies from scratch and can jars of veggies and make jellies and work, work, work! I loved playing outside and running around in the pasture with my cousins who also lived on the same land as us. Good memories.

After striking out of the garage sale scene, I called home to see what the boys were doing. Mark said that Ethan was invited by one of his friends and their family to a car show. He had lots of fun, by the way.

So, Emily and I went to the local Farmers Market, where the only thing I bought were some turnips for $1.
Then we went to McDonalds for a while.




After McDonalds, we went grocery shopping and then went to Sonic to pick up some lunch for Daddy.

Waiting for by babe's chili cheese dog.


I came home and made some awesome cookies.

Homemade Nutter Butter cookies. These are officially the bomb.com. Seriously. So good. Recipe here.



I also made some more sugar cookies. A girl at work is resigning, so I made her some cookies also.




Lastly, after church today I went back to the grocery store to get Emily some allergy medicine. As I was walking down an aisle, I came across this couple standing at the end of the aisle. She looked like she was in her late 30's and the man looked to be mid 40's-ish. The lady was holding a little girl about 2 or 3. And I got closer, the man goes over to the lady and they start kissing. Not just a peck, but KISSING! And they keep kissing and then it's just plain making out! It was like a car wreck, I wanted to look away but couldn't! Finally, by the time I got up to them they came up for air, thank goodness, but by then I was grossed out.

I love my husband I definitely kiss him on the lips in public, but just a simple kiss. A peck. I'm not 16 anymore and want to show the world what I can do. A simple kiss. That's it! Making out amongst the toilet paper isn't my bag! Is it just me, or is that just plain weird?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely weird! But overall it looks like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete