Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Ethan told me on Saturday night that since he didn't believe in the Easter Bunny, not to get him a basket. I told him to play along for Emily's sake, and I set both of the kids baskets on the table before bedtime.

The EB didn't dissapoint...



Emily got new pajamas, a new outfit, nail polish and an egg with M&M's. When I came out of the bedroom she had already seen her basket and she was in a bad mood! I finally, after a lot of asking her, got why she was so mad. She was hoping the EB would bring her a cell phone!

Ethan received his very own tackle box filled with all kinds of fishing goodies, some hot Cheetos because I think those things are nasty and I refuse to buy them for the family, a  new water bottle because he rides around on his bike with one of those all the time, an egg with Snickers and some chapstick because he forever has chapped lips.

We went to church, heard a wonderful message, and then took some Easter pics outside the church.



Emily gives me the hardest times when it comes to picture taking. She whines and fusses and tells me the sun is in her eyes and refuses to give me a decent smile. I get so frustrated... all I want are some decent family pictures! Sheesh!

Then we went to our pond to take some pictures.



Again... Emily the non-conformist.







After the pond, we drove to a neighboring town to meet my parents, my grandmother and her husband for lunch. They picked a restaurant that we really don't care for, but they serve regular (not really fast) food and the place is easy for my grandma, who uses a walker to get around.

This place is expensive and the food stunk! Emily and I shared some turkey and dressing and it was gross. Mark just ordered a hamburger and didn't even get any fries. Fries were $2.75 extra! Highway robbery! Ethan ordered breakfast and ate every stinking bite on his plate, but he can't eat but two bites off his plate at home every night. Go figure!

My wonderful Mom & Dad!


I made some Easter cookies for our church congregation. Here are a few of them below.





Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I'm so thankful for Jesus. He bore our sins and took up the cross in my place! Me! I'm no one. Just a sinner. But God loves us so much, he sent Jesus to come to Earth, and die on the cross for us. But he didn't stay on the cross. He rose again! Thank you Jesus! For He died for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment