Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wow! This weekend & into this week has been busy. It started out on Saturday, going to see a simulcast of  Beth Moore with my sweet friend from church, Mary.







She was awesome! I love Beth Moore & I love how she digs into the scriptures. I love her enthusiasm! I came back so excited to dig into the notes & scriptures from her teachings!

While at the simulcast, there were two ladies sitting in front of us. When it was time to break for lunch, one of the ladies in front of us asked if we would like to join them for a picnic. She said she had brought a lot of food expecting other friends to show up! Well, they didn't show up, which was our gain! Ha!

Let me tell you, this sweet lady put out a spread! She had wonderful sandwich bread, choices of meats & cheese, all the fixings with chips, dips, fruit,  carrots, cookies & she even made tea. It was wonderful. We ate outside on a shaded picnic table. It was so good!

Mary & our new friend, Nancy.
The sweet lady who put out the spread, Debbie.


These two sweet ladies joined us as well, Carolina & Marycela.


Marycela & I
I was very thankful that I was able to attend. One of my New Years resolutions was to come out of my shell a little, get out some and meet new people. I'm normally shy & I like to be home with my family as much as possible. My sweet husband graciously encouraged me to go to this Bible study. He told me not to worry about the kids, to go & have fun. I'm so glad I went.

One of my other resolutions was to read & dig more into God's word. This Bible study helped me with both of these. Now for that whole resolution to lose weight. My son asked me the other day why my belly was so mushy & my daughter told me my butt looked big tonight. Sigh & double sigh. Where's my Weight Watchers books?

No comments:

Post a Comment