Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Little bit of this & that!

Here is a hodge podge of really (not a whole lotta) nothing that's been going on.

I believe I've mentioned once or twice or a hundred times about Emily's love (or obsession, how ever you want to put it) for The Wizard of Oz. She has a Dorothy wig that she will carry around in her Dorothy basket but refuses to put on her head. She throws a fit if anyone else tries to put on the wig.

She threw a big fit with her daddy the other day.





Ethan & Emily have really been practicing their flips & handstands.
Emily came home the other day & told me her arm hurt & she wanted it in a sling. I said, "Wha? (Yes, I said "wha") How do you know about slings?"

Apparently some kid in her class fell down on the playground and came back to school with their arm in a sling. I made her a makeshift sling to make her happy.

What a sad face.
I went to a Beth Moore simulcast today with my church friend Mary! It was so good! I'll post more about that later!

The Texas wildfires are still going on in Bastrop county. According to the news, the fire is now 50 percent contained with crews still fighting blazes within the 34,000-acre fire zone. These fires has been massive.

Here was the view coming into Bastrop.

Here is a picture taken from Austin, 30 miles from Bastrop.

The outpouring of love & generosity has been so wonderful to the evacuees, to our law enforcement, fire fighters & others as well. I know of several people from my work who have lost their homes in this fire. I heart & prayers go out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment