Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dear Ethan

Dear Ethan,

I just want to let you know how much I love you. You've had quite a rough week with your behavior at home, school & your after school program. I know I haven't showed you very much patience, kindness, joy or self control.

I promise to try my hardest to be more patient with you. You are, in several ways, my *special* boy. You're special the way God gave you to Daddy & I. You're special that you have ACC, but very high functioning. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. I think that's why I set such high goals for you. I believe you can do it, we just can't take the highway but we can take the back roads.

While talking to a therapist about you & your behavior yesterday I was asked, "Do you love Ethan?" YES!! "Do you want to give him up?" NO!! Why would someone ever ask me that? Never would that thought ever cross my mind. I was talking to her because I love you so much. I am a mom. I get very frustrated with my children. Sometimes, the *special* life gets to me. I get stressed out with situations that I feel should be one way but are going the opposite.

I was so very stressed this past week, but I promise you I will be more patient from now on. I know you are still only 8 years old and an 8 year old with ACC. You're *special*. I know I'm the adult. I pray that you will see God through me. I know that God had a hand in giving you to Daddy & I and God will give me the strength to get us through the rough times. I praise God for all He's done for me. I want you to love God as much as I do.

So, my sweet Stinkbug, know I will always love you. Know that I will not always be perfect, but your Daddy & I are committed to you and showing you our love & teaching you all about God's love and will for your *special* life.

All my love,

Momma
Officially ours at 18mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment