Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Years!

Did you all have a good New Years? On Friday night, the Hub and Ladybug drove to Waco so Emily could spend the night with her cousin, Angelina.

Cousins!

Ethan also spent the night on Friday with a friend. That meant that I was all alone. Which.... I loved. I never get alone time. Never. Ever. Never ever.

What did I do with a night by my self? I baked of course!

Remember my chocolate chip cheesecake? Well, I decided to make it into a mint chocolate chip cheesecake with a few modifications. Also, I took my left over Andes mint chips, melted them and dipped Ritz crackers in it. The results? Awesome! It was like eating a thin mint cookie. So good! So, I put them on top of my cheesecake.

I also made my little niece Angelina some Nutella cookies. She loves Nutella. I found the recipe somewhere in blogland. I also made some place and bake chocolate chip cookies.


On Saturday Ethan and I drove up to Waco to be with Mark's family for a late Christmas/New Year get together. The kids got to open their Christmas gifts from that side of the family.

Cheesy, I don't want to smile, smile!

Candy! Candy, candy, candy, candy!
After we drove home, they whole family was exhausted. Especially the kids because they didn't get a lot of sleep the night before! So, did we see the new year in? No!  But I think I heard some fireworks and at some point thought, "Oh it must be midnight!".

I decided that I wasn't going to make any resolutions. I never keep them anyway. 

Anyway, I want to tell you thank you! Thanks to all of you who read my blog and have prayed for me and my family in 2011. I hope you continue to enjoy this blog in 2012.

Additionally, my grandmother has been moved to a rehabilitation center and will be there for a couple of weeks before she goes home. She looks a lot better! Please continue to pray for Grandma Dolly.



And... this one! This one asked the BIG question on New Years Eve!

 You know the question about Santa!

And.. I had to tell him the truth. He told me "That's what I thought!" He said he knew about the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny, but Santa was a little harder. I think because he had seen him and sat on his lap.

Then I tried to explain to him the fact that now he knows about Santa, Tooth and EB, it's a secret and he doesn't need to ruin Ladybug's fun. He said he knew. I also told him that even though those guys aren't real, God and Jesus are very real. He told me he already knew that, too! I'm so proud of him. Sometimes he really surprises me on how mature he can be!

Happy New Year everyone! Have a happy and joyous 2012!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment