Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kids Say The Dardest Things!

It's true! Kids do say the darnedest things.


This one cracks me up all the time! She says the funniest things. The other day I caught her picking glitter off of a Christmas ornament and rubbing it on her arms.

I asked her what she was doing.

She replied, "I need the glitter! Glitter helps me dance!".





Also, during Christmas dinner with the Hub's family, there was a small minute of silence where everyone was eating and no one was saying anything at that moment. Ladybug takes that moment to quote a line from a movie we had recently seen.

Now normally, I'd think that was cute and say, "Oh, sweetie! You remembered that from fill in the blank movie! You're so smart." And I would smile and think how cute my kids are and wait for others to nod in agreement.

Normally. But Emily didn't choose to quote from some sweet Disney movie or a even a cute kids movie.

No. She picked a silent moment and, very proud and very clear quoted from..... wait for it...

Adam Sandler. The Waterboy. Can you guess what it was?

Yes. It was this...

"She showed me her boobies and I liked them too!"

I think I stammered something about her having recently seen that movie on TV. My sister-in-law giggled, bless her heart and told me she likes that movie too. And I made a mental note to turn my TV to some educational shows every once in a while. Which, I have yet to do. Because I do love me some Adam Sandler!

1 comment: