Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

This week I'm thankful for quite a few things.

#1. I have this medical issue that started in October. I was really sick on Halloween and this issue keeps coming back. I've been to the doctor twice with this issue already. Well, I started to have the same issue again. Fortunately, I work for the county sheriff's office and employees can go see the jail doctor on the days she comes in. I was able to go see her and she confirmed what the last two doctor visits have told me. She gave me a script for some meds and some names of doctors to refer me to. The visit to see her was free, I just had to pay for my prescription. I'm feeling better today than I have in a week. And believe me, I'm very thankful for that. Please pray for me. This issue is severely painful and it seems the only relief is surgery. I really don't want to go down that path, but I also am tired of being in pain.

#2. Today was the last day of school! Woo Hoo!!!! Here is the first day of school this year.





Here is the last day. Oh yeah, we also got a new couch.













Besides being our pastor, my husband also works for our school district, so he's out for the summer. He will be home with both kids all summer. I think he looks forward to sleeping in, but I'm not sure he's excited about spending his days with two fighting kids.

#3. I successfully made meringue.




My hubby loves chocolate meringue pie. So, I thought I'd take a crack at it. I was super excited how this turned out. I give you the recipe later, right now I need to get to bed.

I hope everyone has a blessed week!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment