Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Look At What I Made

Oh this past week has been a trying one.

My husband had an abscess on his neck and had to have it cut out. He's been on some major antibiotics and pain killers. I had to clean his wound and drive him around for a day or two. He's doing better now.

I did something to my hip. I've been taking Advil like candy all week. Finally, I went to a chiropractor on Friday. He told me he thinks I sprained my left hip joint. He worked his magic and I feel a lot better.  Still sore, but my hip feels a lot better.

Ethan came home on Thursday with a pink slip. If you don't know what a pink slip is, it's basically a write up. He apparently called some in the bus line a "Fat Bucktooth". Real smooth, Ethan.

So, it's been a trying week.

On a brighter note,  my parents came back from vacation and brought me this!!!!!!! I big puffy heart this purse!

We had another bake-off at work. Last time, it was banana bread and I won. This time was pie. I decided to make an apple pie.

Here it is before I left for work.

We also had a smores pie and a different version of apple pie. And guess who won? Me!!!!

I finally broke down and made Emily a bow holder. Her bows were everywhere. I have been looking at some on Pinterest, trying to get some ideas. I had recently taken down some pictures in Emily's room that had been in her nursery. The frames were pink and blue.

I took out the backing, the picture and the glass. I bought some ribbon and hot glued  it to the back of the frame. I found two flowers from the craft department at Walmart, and added them.

Here's a before and after.

Here they are, on the wall.
Lastly, our football team had their homecoming on Friday. I decided to make Emily a homecoming mum. I did things backwards. I first went to Hobby Lobby, bought some mum stuff and then came home and watched a Youtube video on how to make one. But it all worked out.

Here's the finished project.

With all these crazy things going on, I have felt so close with God. He has been with me all week, guiding me and giving me strength. I am so grateful for his love, mercy and faithfulness in a crazy, hectic and painful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment