Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday, Friday Cookies, Weekend Wrap Up & My Chandler Would Be 11

So on Thursday, instead of writing my normal Thankful Thursday post, I decided to take a break.

Mark took the kids to Waco to go visit his family and when I came home from work, I had the evening all to myself. I washed, dried and put away a load of laundry. I swept and mopped the kitchen and foyer floor. Then I took a shower, washed and dried my hair, repainted my toe nails and plucked by eyebrows. You know, the things you really need to do but are usually in a hurry and it just goes by the wayside. Then I made myself a sandwich and sat down and was able to watch the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. Very cute movie.

I was very thankful for a weeknight completely to myself. And yes, I enjoy the laundry and the sweeping and mopping when I am completely alone.

Here are my Friday cookies I made for the local bank.

 These are soft zucchini spice cookies. They turned out really good.

When I came home from work on Friday, I walked in the door and there were a total of 4 kids in my kitchen, standing around and eating popsicles. Now, Mark and I tease each other all the time about going to the Ukraine and adopting more children. So, I asked Mark if he had made a quick trip to the Ukraine while I was at work. Turned out, it was one of Ethan's friend's little brother and sister. Ethan's friend and his mom went to the store to get last minute items for his birthday party and Mark volunteered to watch the little ones. But once I got home, Mark said he had a bad headache and wanted to go lay down. So, my Thursday evening was nice and quite and my Friday was, well, loud.

Ethan had a great time at the party on Saturday. While he was at the party, I took Emily to go see Brave. The movie we in 3D. Did you know you need 3D glassed to watch a 3D movie? I thought you could watch the movie without the glasses, but to get the 3D effect, you need the glasses. Not true. Once the movie came on and everything was blurry, I quickly realized that I needed the glasses. I was wondering why the lady passing out those glasses looked at me funny when I told her "No thanks, I don't need them.". I had to climb down the stairs in the dark and get a pair. Live and learn.

This afternoon, about 24 of us from church went out to eat lunch. Mark's ex-step dad (who raised him a majority of his childhood, but his mom is no longer married to) and his wife, Brenda came down for a visit from Missouri. Mark considers Bob his dad and we were thrilled for Ethan and Emily to spend time with another set of grandparents.

Emily, Bob,  Brenda & Ethan


One last thing. Monday the 25th would have been Chandler's 11th birthday.


I miss this boy so much. I allowed myself a good cry on the way to work, but I asked God for strength for the rest of the day, which He so wonderfully granted. So, happy 11th birthday, sweet boy. I miss you more than words can say. I'm crying as I write this, but I know you are with Jesus and I will see you once again. That is so very comforting. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment