Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Just me

When I read other blogs, and believe me I read alot of other blogs, I enjoy when the blogger tells a little about themselves. I like getting to know the person as well as the family. I like to feel like I know the blogger. About their family, their likes & dislikes, their favorite foods, how they met their spouse, what they like to do in their spare time and their quirkiness. So, tonight I going to tell you a little about me.

I'm an only child. I was born and raised in Texas. I have never lived outside the great state of Texas. I'm proud to be Texan. I love to wear lipstick. I have like 50 tubes of lipstick in my bathroom but only wear like 5 of them. I crack my knuckles. And my writs, knees, neck, etc. It's my vice... mmkay?! I don't smoke or drink. I am a Christian. My husband is a preacher and is the pastor of our church. I open my mouth when I apply mascara. I don't know why and I'm aware I'm doing it and try to close my mouth, but it's weird. I automatically open my mouth as soon as the brush hits the lashes. I have dark brown hair. I tried to go red for a while, the hub didn't like it so needless to say, I have dark brown hair. I don't recycle. One of my pet peeves are people (and you know who you are) who don't change the toilet paper rolls. I have to erase messages off the machine quickly. I can't stand the blinking 1 or 2 or 3 on the machine. It taunts me with every blink. I have fought a weight battle all my life. Still do. I rarely sit down and watch t.v. Our television stays on Nickelodeon or the Disney channel. We recently (this past Christmas) got a second t.v and put it in our bedroom. I usually turn it on and watch Conan's opening monologue, then I'm out. I loath going to Wal-Mart in our neighboring town. It's always crowded and I always have to park way, way, way out and have you seen pictures of the people of Wal-Mart on the internet? Those pictures are very real and true, people. I've seen them first hand at the Wal-Mart I have to go to. Not pretty. We don't have a Wal-Mart in our town. I loath that, too. That's weird considering I loath Wal-Mart. The chore I dislike the most is sweeping and moping my kitchen floor. It shows. *Sigh* I don't get why the word "Epic" is so popular. I hear it everywhere. On t.v. "It's their most epic adventure." or from people at work, "That was an epic failure." I. Don't. Get. It. I want a new oven badly. I'm still cooking on the original 1979 harvest gold one that came with the house. I tell my husband daily. I'm sure he's tired of my griping. I'm pretty sure I sound like the teacher from the Peanuts cartoon when I talk to him. You know the "wha wha wha" teacher. I like the rain. I would like it even more if it rained here. We're 40+ days without rain here in central Texas. I don't count the 5 raindrops that landed on my car yesterday afternoon. 

All that being said, I love my family. I'm very lucky to have wonderful parents. I love my husband. I married him when I was 18 and we will be married 15 years this coming February. I grieve my two boys, Chandler & Max everyday. I'm so thankful for Ethan. He gave life back to me after the loss of my Chandler. Just thinking about my little Emily makes me smile. I love her little freckles that have come out across her cheeks. I would love my husband to make enough money for me to be a stay at home wife & mommy. Until then, I thank my God. You have truly blessed me.

Oh, yeah. One other thing I did for Emily's 5th birthday. I'm quite proud this actually came out OK since I don't know how to sew. I did learn a few pointers for next time, though.


Started with this.

Ended up with this.
See how the Emily slightly and ever so gradually slants down? Oh well. Yeah me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment