Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pretty Crafty

OK, let me start out by saying that I am not a crafty-artsy person. The desire is there, I want to, but I just don't really know how. Like it states in the Bible, "The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." I want to learn to sew, can jams & jellies & craft my little heart out.

So I came across a new blog that really gave me some good ideas for some cute & easy crafts. Even the title of the blog sounds like something I'd say. Check it out here

I found a couple of crafts I couldn't wait to try. So, the next day I headed out to my local craft store. I started with this.


And ended with this.



Not too shabby, huh?

I also found a different craft that I spent a whole whopping $2 on at my local Dollar Tree. I found a patriotic platter and bowl, a little super glue and...

Taaaaaadaaaaaa! A new patriotic cake/cupcake stand.


It takes so little to make me happy.

On the Stinkbug side, it looks like Ethan is going to get lots of great help next year in 3rd grade. We had his ARD meeting last Wednesday and we made some plans for Ethan that includes speech & occupational therapy, as well as pulling him out of class for reading and math in order to pre-teach him ahead of time so he can keep up with his class. According to all the testing the school did with Ethan, that is how he will learn best.  SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!

It came to me today in church, while I was giving a praise of thanksgiving for the awesome ARD meeting we had this week, and I SUDDENLY remembered. Last summer before Ethan started the 2nd grade, I prayed for Ethan's 2nd grade teacher. I didn't know who he was going to get at that time, but I prayed for that teacher to be patient, kind, loving and have a heart for Stinkbug. He got that and more with Ms. Watts. She loved on him all year, tried different things, kept us informed and most importantly, she advocated for him all the way. She believed in him. God gave me such peace today and reminded me of my prayer for her before I knew her. God has His great hand in everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment