Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Fun & Christmas Cookies

Emily had her first field trip of the year. They went to a corn maze and pumpkin patch and Mark went with her. Here are a few pics.


Emily & her friend Emma.






Shooting corn husks.



This morning my kids picked a bunch of pecans from the pecan trees by our church. I had them shell the pecans this afternoon and placed them in the freezer for the holidays.

Then I let the kids paint some pumpkins.


Ethan painted 3/4 of his pumpkin purple and said he was done. I finished it for him.

I'm sure he appreciated the big glitter S I put on it.

In true Emily fashion, she took her sweet time with her pumpkin.

Here is Emily's pumpkin.




The other day I went to TJ Maxx and found a cute lantern. I've seen lots of cute lanterns on Pinterest, all filled with Christmas decorations and ribbons, so I picked it up.

I then went to Walmart and picked up some yarn. Emily and I spent several evenings wrapping Halloween colored yarn around balls of paper and putting it in my new lantern.

I then added a ribbon. I love it.



 Lastly, I'm getting my Christmas cookies list together and I'm already trying new Christmas cookie recipes.

I made Jello cookies yesterday.


Really easy and really good.

One batch made like 4 dozen. Wowza!!! I definitely think these are a winner.

You can get the recipe here.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Back to work tomorrow.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment