Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Galveston, Oh Galveston

My husband has FINALLY finished his last assignment for his master's degree. I thought this day would never come!

We decided to celebrate by taking a little trip to the coast on Friday.

We woke up early, packed a few things and hit the road.

Our first stop was Hruska's Bakery in Ellinger, Tx.

Oh my goodness. This place was amazing. And it was a packed house for a Friday morning. This place probably had about eleventy hundred kinds of kolaches!

Seriously, how can one choose?

Emily loved her choice.

Ethan said he didn't like kolaches.

We sat outside and ate our breakfast.

Then we made it through Houston's traffic. Man, that traffic was hell-a-cious! But, we finally made it to Galveston.

Our first stop was the IHOP on the seawall.

This was our view from our table. You can't really see it, but the beach is across the street.

Then we went next door to the Rainforest Cafe, took a few pics and then rode their safari river ride.

Next, was on to Murdoch's, the souvenir shop on the beach, which by the way didn't have air conditioning. OMG! Let me tell you! Mark was drenched!

Sweatin' and smilin'!

Next, we went downtown Galveston, to The Strand and looked around at all the little shops.

This is where Emily found her boyfriend, and insisted on a picture with him.

And again...

And again...

Then, we finally hit the beach. Ethan was more than glad to hop in the water, while Emily collected seashells.

Finding seashells.

Me. The only picture of me the whole trip.

After the beach, we proceeded to spend the night at the worst motel. Ever.

The room we had was down a dark hallway. Scary. We walk in and the room is H.O.T.!!!

We find out the heat is coming from a vent in the bathroom. We shut the door, turn the air conditioner on high, and go to dinner.

When we come back, the first half of the room is freezing and the second half is hot. We go and get a new room, and the new room's t.v. doesn't work and neither does the phone. We couldn't figure out how to turn the shower head off, so both kids had to take a shower.

The next morning, we hit the Burger King for breakfast and then it was time to go home.

But all and all, it was a good trip. One last attempt at soaking up our summer and celebrating a wonderful achievement! Congratulations, Mark! You did it! I'm so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment