Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm back in the swing of things at work after our vacation. Just one week ago we were in Branson. Our vacation absolutely flew by.

Well, I did find a few things I'm thankful for to help me through my first week back at work.





Added a few of these babies to my ice cream.
My new favorite gum.

I found this the other day! Heaven...

Thin Mint Nestle Crunch!!

So, since I'm on this chocolate mint kick, the only logical cookies I could make for cookie Friday are these...

Chocolate Mint Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a picture of Emily's Popsicle she wanted to show you...


Anyway, I'm thankful for a good week back at work. I'm thankful for the job I have, (even though I'd drop it in a minute to be a SAH mom, if I could!!), and that I found all these wonderful things in chocolate mint.

Oh yeah, I'm sharing my recipe for these wonderful cookies. I hope you like chocolate mint and enjoy!

Chocolate Mint Cookies
Adapted from allrecipes.com

I was able to get about 4 dozen cookies.

6 tbl butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbl water
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup mint chocolate chips (I used Andes baking mints)
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp peppermint extract
More Andes baking mint chips for melting on top of cookies


1. Heat the butter, sugar and water in a small pot over medium heat; stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and pour in both semisweet & mint chips. Stir until melted. Set the mixture aside to cool for 10 minutes.

2. Pour the chocolate into a mixing bowl and beat in the egg. In separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Add the extract and stir again. Put the dough into the fridge for 1 hour to chill.

3. Preheat oven to 350. Grease the cookie sheets.

4. Roll the dough into 1-inch sized balls and place the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do no overbake.

5. When cookies are removed from the oven, sprinkle some of the baking mint chips on each cookies. Let the chips melt slightly and spread the chocolate with a knife or back of spoon to cover the top of the cookies. Cool completely and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment