Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fish, Cookies & St. Patrick's Day

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has thought about my family and has prayed for us the last week. I went on a one week fasting from blogging/Facebook and reading my favorite blogs. I used the time I usually blog, read other blogs or read Facebook to pray for Ethan this past week. Continue to keep us in your prayers. School starts back tomorrow from Spring Break. The break was nice, but it's time to get back to reality, you know trying to get kids up and out of bed, getting them dressed, to eat their breakfast off to school and then to wrestle with homework when they get home. You know, the normal stuff.

It's certainly been spring weather here in central Texas. It's been raining and the weather has been mild. It's been wonderful.

Warning, I took about 378 pics this past week. Picture overload. 

Our subdivision has a nice pond that we have been taken advantage of for some fishing.

Emily caught her first fish.


Ethan has been fishing almost every day this week.


Yep, she's got her pink boots on.


The cute little bridge that goes over the pond.




I really want to learn how to make cute sugar cookies with royal icing. I have been doing a lot of practicing on my family. It's a lot of work with the piping and different icing consistencies. I need lots of practice.

I made the Texas cookies recently.

I also made some cookies using my bank's logo on them and took them to the bank and passed them out.
Now, my mom works there and it's a real small town type of bank. They were super excited about these cookies and asked me to make up some for their Christmas party. I'm so excited! I still need lots of practice!
Here's the logo.





Here's more practice cookies.
There was a cookie with Emily's name, but she promptly ate hers.


Ethan and his decorated cookie.

My Goobers!

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We don't usually, but since it was on a Saturday, I tried to play it up. I made cinnamon rolls with green icing.
And of course, some St. Patty's cookies!








My little leprechaun.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Love, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment