Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..... Love a Parade!!!

I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed. I'll just announce it!

"I'm in love. I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"
 Anybody guess what movie that's from?

I'm in love with nostalgia. I long for simpler times. I love small towns, parades, local carnivals, county fairs & farmers markets. I love the fact that my children are going to school with and are friends with children of people I went to school with. I love church potlucks, cookie exchanges, driving by our small town's "Yard of the Month" to check it out, etc., etc. You get the idea.

Well I should be happy as a lark today. My family visited a nearby town for their local parade, which by the way, Stinkbug was in! That makes two parades he's been in this year. Wowsa!!

So, if you can stand a little small town charm, here are some pictures.

Granny & Emily waiting for the parade.

Check out my dad's new hat! He loves that thing! He gets lots of compliments by the way.

Me & Ladybug. The sun was in our eyes.


Yes, we are from Texas. Here's a Texas steer to prove it! (Ahem, Hook 'Em Horns!!!)

He wasn't happy about riding in the train. He said it was for babies. I talked him into it.

What's that? A wave? Why Stinkbug, I think you're having fun!!














No explanation for this one.


Hope everyone has a great weekend! I already have.



Gotta love these things. Emily wouldn't put her head in there. Buzzkill.

1 comment:

  1. We are a small town family too loving parades and fairs and the quiet life. Yesterday we were at the county fair. We saw lots of cows but none quite like the one Ethan is riding! Those horns are impressive!

    ReplyDelete