Mark, Jennifer, Ethan, Emily

This blog is about our family, who have dealt with the loss of two sons with Muscular Dystrophy, the adoption of a son diagnosed with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum and the birth our a healthy little girl. It's a crazy life, but we are loving it.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Catching Up

Here are a few things to catch up on what we've been up to in my blogging absence, in no particular order!

Here are the little E's on Easter this year.


Their Easter baskets.

Emily collects Ever After High dolls and I found one she didn't have. Ethan's love language is pretty much sugar. His basket had a lot of goodies and he was super excited.


Here is the wreath I made for Easter, thank you Pinterest!

Emily had to get glasses.


Ethan played basketball this year. The practices nearly killed me. 8pm on Monday & Tuesday nights! Who does that? After 8pm I have no filter or patience. My bedtime is usually right after the kids. Theirs is 8:30, so this was a labor of love. But, they finished #1.


Ethan turned 12.

He started middle school this school year and he plays percussion in the band. That's him in the back looking away from the camera. He was playing the cowbell for this song. I told him he did great, but I could have used some more cowbell. #igotafever

If you have no clue what I just said about the cowbell, you have to google it. Trust me. Hilarity.



Mark's grandma turned 90 and we partied hardy.

For Halloween Emily was a crazy cat lady.



Speaking of cats, we still have Tazzycat.




She is really a good cat. In fact, we enjoy her so much that we were considering a second cat. I started looking around at different shelters and such.

But in December, our house was burglarized. Yeppers, that was fun. They smashed our back window with a cinder block, took the tv, laptops, ALL my jewelry, and used my pillowcases to hold it all. They also stole my camera, so all these pictures are from my tablet. And in true Grinch fashion, they took the presents under the tree.

So after that, and talking about added security measures, we thought maybe we needed a dog. One that when people come to the door would bark. I thought this would be another added thing to scare off potential or would be burglars.

But I didn't want a puppy with all the training they would need and I really didn't want one that would shed badly.

 Anyway, one day in January Mark came home with this little girl.



Haha! She was probably about 3 lbs! And she's full grown. We named her Poppie. And she has a fierce bite. Ask my husband! She was laying next to me and he was getting into bed. Jealousy ensued. Their friends now, so it's worked out.

Ok, I normally wouldn't blog about this, but it's my blog and I'm going to blog about it anyway.

This was me in June of last year.



I found out my thyroid wasn't working, started meds for that,  joined Weight Watchers and then just started eating better.

Here's a picture of my and my mom at Easter.


It's not a full body shot, but I'm 67 lbs lighter. I'm still not done. I have about 20 lbs left to go until I reach my first goal.

Lastly, I decided to get this dresser out of our closet and do something with it.


After doing some major research on what to do with it, I decided to use chalk paint and paint it, I spray painted the hardware a metallic silver and it has turned out beautifully.

Here's the after.


It's Friday, peeps! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment